Thursday, July 27, 2017

No longer busy

Oh what I would give just to be rushing back to you once more

I would rather hurry my life away if it meant spending another day with you

I would rather run for the rest of my life if it meant seeing you smile and hearing you laugh at my exhaustion

When groceries had to be bought in a very short time, because you would never let anyone else touch your feeding tubes

When sleeping was something I did because I had to, never because I wanted to

I would've stayed up forever

And then maybe I'd have more memories to remember you by

I would've shared your pain for as long as i could

Except we were never really sharing it, it was all just you

I would've accepted all the cold meals, the cups of coffee I never got to drink hot

Because I was checking up on you

Responding to your call

I would've waited an eternity, for life to give us a cure

But there was none

And now I've lost you forever

And for the first time in a long, long time

I'm not rushing anymore

No comments:

Post a Comment